Featured events for EFG London Jazz Festival 2014
'The best jazz festival on the planet' (Jez Nelson, BBC Radio 3)
The 2014 EFG London Jazz Festival takes place Friday 14 - Sunday 23 November 2014. To find out more, you can search the website by day, venue or artist. Alternatively click here to view/download a PDF of the full Festival brochure.
Listen to a playlist of Festival artists, and watch a video of our 2013 highlights to give you a flavour, below. If you like what you see, join our mailing list for all the latest news from both the Festival and Serious, the powerhouse behind it, who also promote great jazz throughout the year.
NEARLY SOLD OUT SHOWS
Branford Marsalis Quartet, Friday 14 November 10pm, Queen Elizabeth Hall (early show already sold out)
Abdullah Ibrahim - Ekaya + New Trio, Saturday 15 November, Royal Festival Hall
Shakespeare Songs: Andy Sheppard, Sunday 16 November, Shakespeare’s Globe / Sam Wanamaker Playhouse
An evening with Robert Wyatt, Sunday 23 November, Queen Elizabeth Hall.
SOLD OUT SHOWS
The following shows have already sold out — well done if you got a ticket.
Jazz Voice, Branford Marsalis at 7.30pm, Jan Garbarek and The Hilliard Ensemble, The Hot Sardines, Snarky Puppy, The Bad Plus, Jazz for Toddlers, Dr John, The Jazz Repertory Company presents Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller at Carnegie Hall 1939, Chucho Valdés, Haze Indigo with Jessica Hynes, Roy Hargrove, Stanley Clarke, Ibrahim Maalouf, Marilyn Mazur, Clare Teal, Kenny Barron & Dave Holland + Jeremy Monteiro Trio and Family Jazz All Stars featuring Juliet Kelly, Gwilym Simcock & John Etheridge.
Since the Festival brochure went to print, the following events have changed:
- Groove Baby with Randolph Matthews at St Mary’s Church, Walthamstow, has been brought forward from Friday 14 to Saturday 8 November
- Young Pilgrims FREE Festival on the Move performance on Friday 14 November has been moved from Ray's Jazz to Kings Place Foyer at 6.30pm
- Sachal added to Somi's Rich Mix show on Saturday 15 November.
- Royal Academy of Music Big Band featuring Nikki Iles on afternoon of Saturday 22 November will now take place in Queen Elizabeth Hall
- Regina Carter + Yazz Ahmed moves into Queen Elizabeth Hall later on Saturday 22 November to meet demand.
- John Stevens - A Celebration will now take place in the Purcell Room.
We're very proud of our commitment to deliver a wider range of free events, concerts and talks each year, as part of the Festival programme. You can see the full range of free activities this year by clicking here.